Pierre BLANC

(Lausanne, 1902 - Corbeyrier, 1986)


Pierre BLANC

(Lausanne, 1902 - Corbeyrier, 1986)


Pierre Blanc studied at Geneve’s school of fine arts between 1919 and 1924 and worked then for the decoration of the federal court in Lausanne. In 1925, he decided to go to France and established himself in Paris until 1939. He was a frequent visitor of museums and places like the Jardin des Plantes, the Jardin D'Acclimatation and Vincennes’ zoo, where he studied alive animals -one of his favourite subjects - and became friends with the sculptor François Pompon. He participated to several exhibitions in France, such as the Salon d’Automne and the Salon des Tuileries. He went back to Switzerland in 1939 and settled for good in Lausanne. There, he often presented his work during collective exhibitions and received many public and private orders. He realized a fountain in German, in Switzerland and Le Renard et Les Raisins (The Fox and Grapes) for Zurich’s national exhibition in 1939 (private collection in Weggis). Pierre Blanc also realized portraits and nudes in the style of Maillol, even though he is mainly famous for his animal sculptures as Pompon.